People fast often for weight loss. Keto diet is one of the latest ways to lose excess weight in the body. Many health communities suggest intermittent fasting for losing weight quickly. Most of the people are in confusion about whether they can do intermittent fasting when they are on a keto diet?
Both intermittent fasting and keto diet do wonder in the human body. When they combine, the combination has the positive effect on the body.
What is Intermittent Fasting?
Before we study the health benefits of intermittent fasting and keto diet, let us discuss what is actually intermittent fasting. It is the practice of eating at a particular time daily and fasting for the remaining hours. It means you can eat once in the entire day.
Intermittent fasting controls frequent hunger, cravings and helps in digestion. The below are the health benefits of fasting with the keto diet.
- This practice will reduce the chances of cancer in the body.
- It stops the growth of precancerous cells which may lead to cancer in the future.
- It decreases the fat tissues in the human body which further helps in controlling the body weight.
- It helps in increasing gene expression for a long lifespan.
- The fasting also results in nutritional ketosis.
- It repairs the cellular cells and clears them.
- It results in brain development.
- Intermittent fasting reduces the inflammation and depression.
- It also improves insulin sensitivity.
Additional health benefits of Intermittent Fasting On Keto Diet
The goal to do intermittent fasting is to lower the intake of carbs and glucose. It helps in speedy ketosis. With keto diet, intermittent fasting is easier to do. This is because your body gets accustomed to eating less. There is a high satiety level and you will get used to bigger windows.
Fasting also stabilizes blood sugar levels. It also activates autophagy in the human body. The fasting also cleanses the body by removing all the toxic substances.
How intermittent fasting helps in losing weight?
There are several ways in which the fasting helps in losing weight:
- During the fast, you window naturally limits its intake. This further leads to low intake of calories in the body.
- The small window reduces the cravings for food specifically at late nights.
- Keto diet will reduce the appetite and frequent hunger. This will automatically reduce the intake of calories and carbs in the body.
Tips for doing intermittent fasting on a keto diet
The combination of the keto diet and fasting is good but then; you should follow certain tips to lose weight effectively:
- While you are doing intermittent fasting, you should take enough food. Food should include the nutritious foods such as green leafy vegetables, fruits, salads, and juices.
- You should calculate the intake of calories in the body with the help of website or fitness apps.
- It is necessary to check the number of carbs which enters into your body.
- You should make sure whether you are in ketosis.
- It may happen that you may feel strange or uncomfortable with intermittent fasting. But, take some time to adjust to it.
You can now adopt a keto diet along with intermittent fasting. Both of these practices will help you in losing the weight faster. You will not feel hungry often and in that way, your dream of a perfect figure may come true.