Water is the most vital element to make life on this planet survive. About 70 percent of the human body is made up of water. In the ancient times, our grandmothers and ancestors used to store water in copper vessels. We may not acknowledge it now but this practice of storing water in copper vessels has numerous benefits. In the practice of storing water in copper vessels, the concern of our ancestors was majorly keeping water safe, however, there is much more to it than we assume.
In the world of today, we have water purifiers to store and purify water. However, the copper vessels not only kept water safe but also made it beneficial for other benefits to your health.
According to the Ayurveda studies of our ancient culture, drinking water from a copper vessel is the first thing in the morning if taken on an empty stomach which helps in balancing all the three doshas of the which are the Kapha, Pitta, and Vata. This also ensures proper functioning of the several metabolic processes and the different organs.
In addition to the above benefits of the copper vessels for drinking water, below are a few more to make you understand the health benefits of the same.
- Copper has helpful properties which help in killing the harmful bacteria in the water and reduce the inflammation inside the stomach and is also an effective remedy for infections and indigestion. Copper is helpful in cleansing and detoxing your stomach which regulates the proper functioning of your liver, kidneys, ensure the proper elimination of waste from your body and proper absorption of nutrients from your food. When water is kept in a copper vessel for a long time, it leaches the water in itself which helps in the break down of the particles of the food and enhances your digestion.
- If you want to lose weight quickly, here is another way of doing it by drinking water from a copper vessel. Apart from making your digestion better, copper helps in breaking down the fat molecules in your body and eliminates the fat from your body efficiently. It only keeps what is good for the health of your body and makes sure you use the rest of the waste.
- Copper comprises antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antiviral properties and thus, it helps in treating wounds quickly. Apart from this, copper is also known to enhance the strength of your immune system and it helps your body in the production of new cells. It healing properties do not cease in helping the external structure of the body, it is, however, known to treat the wounds of the body from the inside, especially of your stomach.
- If you are getting worried up about the wrinkles and fine lines on your face, copper is a wonderful natural remedy for you. It is packed with cell forming and antioxidant properties and helps in fighting off the free radicals which is one of the main reasons for the formation of wrinkles and fine lines from your body.
- Heart diseases are one of the most prominent ailments that a human body encounter. Copper helps in minimizing the risk of development of the disease. According to the study conducted by the American Cancer Society, copper is extremely helpful in regulating the blood pressure, cholesterol level, and heart rate of a person.
- Another disease which roams over the human body very commonly is cancer. It quickly became very common and it can be quite debilitating for both the sufferer and his or her family. Now, you must wonder how copper can be of help here. well, copper tends to contain the properties of antioxidants in itself which helps in fighting off from the free radicals and makes sure that ill effects of these radicals are put to negate. This is one the main reasons which make sure that copper helps in putting cancer down.
- Copper is famous and very well known for being oligodynamic in nature. Oligodynamic is the sterilizing effect of the metals on the bacteria. It can destroy the bacteria quite effectively. It is especially very effective against S. aureus and E. coli. These are the two most common bacteria which are found in the environment and is known to be the cause of the severe illness in the body of the humans.
- The health experts firmly believe that that one common condition in humans is that they have diseases which are related to the condition of your thyroid which is caused due to the deficiency of copper in the body. This condition is usually seen in the people who have an excess of the thyroid hormone in the body and also with the lower level of the thyroid hormone in the body.
- Copper is also well known to cure chronic inflammation. It is very helpful in beating arthritis and inflamed joints. It alleviates pains and aches which are caused due to the inflamed joints and lead to arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Apart from this, copper is also well known to strengthen the immune system and bones which makes it an excellent remedy for curing arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Copper is an excellent remedy for reducing the function of melanin in the body which is the main cause of the darkening of complexion and also boosts the health of your skin. Apart from this copper boost the production of the new cells in the body which in turn replenishes the newer layers of the skin leaving your skin supple and smooth.
Along with making a habit of other health care regimes, all you can do is simply start taking water from a copper vessel and enjoy the numerous benefits of it. This is quite a simple habit and you can put it in our routine. Make sure you are on an empty stomach before you drink water from this copper vessel.