The vagina is the most delicate part in the females and they should take care of it. Infection in vaginal can range from minor to major if not properly treated. The vagina has yeast cells and bacteria. When these bacteria increase, it results in a vaginal yeast infection. In this infection, one may get itching, swelling and irritation.
A vaginal yeast infection happens due to many reasons such as the use of cheap vagina tightening gels or by esxually transmitted infection. One may also get inflammation in the vaginal. Let us further discuss the causes and symptoms of vaginal yeast infection in detail:
Symptoms of vaginal yeast infection
There are 2 types of vaginal yeast infection. They are a simple yeast infection and complicated yeast infection. In a simple yeast infection, the symptoms are not severe. They are as follows:
- Itching and irritation in the vagina.
- The tissues at the vulva
- One may feel the burning sensation while having esxor urinating.
- Swelling of the vulva
- Redness of the vulva
- One may feel intense pain in the vagina during esx which may result in dissatisfaction.
- Rashes on the skin
- White colored water discharge which does not have any smell
If there is a complicated vaginal yeast infection, the symptoms are as under:
- One may get multiple yeast infections in the vagina.
- There is unbearable itching and swelling on the vaginal part.
- One may get cracks on the vagina.
- Pregnancy is also one of the major reasons for vaginal yeast infection.
- Diabetes can also result in yeast infection.
- Prolong use of antibiotics decreases the Lactobacillus in the vagina.
- The weak immune system is also another reason for yeast infection in the vagina.
- Improper sleep also causes result in vaginal infection.
- Hormonal imbalance
- Stress and anxiety are also other reasons for complicated vaginal yeast infection.
- Improper eating habits and consumption of foods containing a high amount of sugars.
- Candida albicans is also one of the reasons for vaginal infection.
- Taking too many oral contraceptives may also cause a complicated yeast infection.
- Taking hormone therapy can also cause a complicated yeast infection.
Vaginal infections may also spread from one person to another by oral esx. There may be many kinds of Candida in your vagina.
What are the risk factors of a vaginal yeast infection?
There are some factors which cause severe yeast infection in the vagina. They are as follows:
- Use of antibiotics
Taking too many antibiotics can also cause yeast infection in the vagina. They further kill the good and healthy bacteria in the vagina. This results in increasing the growth of yeast organisms. The antibiotics for pain and other health disorders also cause redness and irritation in the vaginal portion.
Women who are pregnant can also get vaginal infection quite often. This may be due to an increase in estrogen levels. Further, estrogen birth control pills and estrogen hormone therapy can also result in complicated vaginal yeast infection.
- Weak immunity
The women with the weak immune system are more likely to get vaginal infections. Even the ones who HIV aids can get yeast infections. The weak immune system reduces the energy and resistance power of the body and one may get various other diseases also.
- High blood sugar levels
The females who have higher blood sugar levels also get the vaginal infection.
How doctors diagnose vaginal yeast infections?
There are some simple ways to diagnose a vaginal yeast infection. Firstly, the doctor will take the medical history of the patient who got a vaginal infection. They will ask certain questions whether the patient earlier had any kind of esxually transmitted diseases. This will further give an idea to the doctors for the kind of treatment to be given.
Another way to diagnose vaginal yeast infection is a pelvic exam. The doctor will examine your vagina and cervix. If there is an infection, the machine will detect it.
The next way is to test the vaginal cells. In this test, the cells are sent to the lab for examination. This test can be conducted for the women who get yeast infections often.
If you have severe vaginal yeast infections, you should visit a doctor regularly.
Treatment of vaginal yeast infections
There are different treatments for simple and complicated yeast infections. They are as follows:
Simple yeast infection
The effects of simple vaginal yeast infection are not very severe. The doctors suggest antifungal cream, tablet or ointment for the vagina. One can get instant relief with these medications in simple yeast infection. If the symptoms occur again within some months, they should visit the doctor.
Complicated vaginal infections
Complicated vaginal infections may be caused by pregnancy, overuse of antibiotics, diabetes or HIV disease. The treatment for complicated yeast infections may go up to 6 weeks. Further, doctors suggest 14-day antifungal cream, tablets, and ointments. You can also use condoms while having esx to prevent our vagina from yeast infection.
Natural remedies for vaginal yeast infection
There are numerous natural remedies for curing yeast infections. They work better than the medications and provide permanent relief in the vaginal infection. The natural remedies are as under:
- One can apply coconut oil on the vaginal portion. This will not cure the infection but also make the skin smooth.
- Consume garlic every day in your meals. It has anti-fungal properties which will treat the vaginal yeast infection.
Apart from this, one should consume a healthy diet each day. Further, you should wear clothes of cotton or linen to prevent infection.
Additionally, you should clean your undergarments in hot water. All these natural remedies will surely cure the vaginal yeast infection effectively.